Safety Courses for Adults and Seniors
What is an Active Shooter?
According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, an Active Shooter is an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area; in most cases, active shooters use firearms(s) and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims.
Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. Typically, the immediate deployment of law enforcement is required to stop the shooting and mitigate harm to victims. Because active shooter situations are often over within 10 to 15 minutes, before law enforcement arrives on the scene, individuals must be prepared both mentally and physically to deal with an active shooter situation.
Our Active shooter course is designed to give everyday people a fighting chance against those who try to hurt innocent people in a public place.
In this one of a kind and empowering course you will learn:
- Basic security concepts that every person should know and you can use while in public or in your own home.
- A basic security overview and understanding of close quarters safety.
- The difference in law enforcement paradigms and an average person.
- How to properly escape a building when an active shooter is present and not leave yourself wide open to attack.
- How to hide/position yourself in a room or class room when escape is impossible so you give yourself the advantage over someone coming after you or your family.
- How to defend the room if someone is coming in to hurt or kill you.
- Get inside the mind of the shooter and what you need to do to give yourself the mental edge.
- What to do when the police arrive.
- A comprehensive list of best practices for an active shooter situation
- Much Much more!
- The one $12.50 home invasion protection kit you can get from the hardware store to stop invaders in their tracks.
- The one thing every person must do to survive a life threatening situation.
- The “3 things” everyone must learn to keep an attacker from knowing what you are planning.
- The “Holy Trinity” of dealing with a violent attacker.
- How to set up safe rooms in your own home that are nothing like the crazy things you see on TV or in the movies.
- How to set up family plans of action that will actually work in the event of a home invasion.
- Much, much more!
Pepper Spray Courses
- Learn about the different types of pepper spray and how to use them.
- Actually shoot pepper spray and learn how it works.
- Learn the how and why pepper spray may not work for you and what to do about it.
- Learn the legality of actually using pepper spray.
- Actually see what happens to an attacker who is sprayed.
- Much, much more!
- Safety Manual
- Water Filled, Inert Practice Canister
- Pepper Spray with Quick Release Key Ring
- Actual Hands on Practice with Inert and Live spray
- Certificate of Completion
- Power Point presentation
- Much, much more
- Everyone can benefit from this class.
- Commuters . . . Retirees . . . Nurses . . . Couples . . . Homemakers . . . Singles . . . Bartenders . . . Runners
- Walkers . . . Wait Staff . . . College Students . . . Your Loved Ones . . . Managers . . . Women . . . Men . . . Your Children
- Business Travelers . . . Real Estate Agents
- If you work with strangers, this class is certainly for you.
- Men? Absolutely! Whether you’re a male or female, even if you have proficient self defense skills, why go hands on when you can possibly avoid an attack or defend yourself from a distance?
- Carry a cell phone? Maybe you’ll have time to call the police, but it could take several minutes for them to arrive!
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend.
Safety For Seniors
- Awareness Cues
- How To Burglarproof Your Behavior
- Reading Body Language
- What To Say and What Not To Say
- Getting To A Safe Zone
- Scams perpetrated against seniors
Training For Life
What would you do in the face of adversity? Do you have the confidence to get out of a threatening situation and get yourself to safety? The Training For Life® program will teach you the necessary skills and help build your confidence so that YOU are your own best defense if something – or someone – goes wrong.
Training for Life is the ultimate personal protection course based on self -escape techniques for men and women of all ages. The course is tailored to everyday people, with techniques you can learn and adopt regardless of your age, size or gender.
Empower yourself and attain a higher level of self-confidence with this one-of-a-kind personal protection course that will teach you life-saving skills. All courses provide hands-on training with Brett himself or one of his certified Training For Life instructors. Courses can be conducted in licensed Training For Life facilities or on the premises at your own facility or place of work.
- the 3 main threats used by a rapist
- the 3 main intimidation positions used by rapist
- the 3 main force position used be rapist
- rapist mindset
- the survival mindset need to survive a rape situation
- and much more